Friday, January 2, 2015

So Many Changes

I'm really loving who my son is becoming.  He is getting to be very affectionate, and it is just so awesome. I can't get enough of him!  I know I need to enjoy it now, as there will be a day when he won't want me to even so much as look at him, especially when he's around his friends.  But I hope this trait is one that he'll always have, especially for me, his dad and for anyone he loves dearly. 

He has the best laugh and does the funniest things.  When my we tickle him or play chase with him, he just cracks us up with his expressions and his laughter.  It's completely contagious, you just have to giggle yourself, there is no stopping it.


Unless he is just really tired, he is such a happy kid.  He is getting better at playing  alone, but for the most part he just loves being around us.  It doesn't matter what we do, really. He loves being outside and doesn't seem to have any fear (except around other people!)  I am trying to get him around more people more often so that he can hopefully get over his shyness.

I love watching him sleep and hearing him breathe.  He has always been a fairly loud breather when he sleeps, too, which I'm grateful for.  It's very peaceful and wonderful watching him.  


I am amazed at how fast he learns and how much he already understands. When I ask him to do something, he almost always does it.  It seems like such a huge deal as he's still so young - he's not even two yet.  Sure, he still does a lot of things that I tell him not to do, but I know he's not perfect!  

I wish he could have more of the same things that I did growing up, but I know it's not very likely, as things are so different now.  One big difference is not being close to family.  When I was a kid, our extended family got together for birthdays and holidays, and sometimes in between. I was very close to my aunts, uncles and cousins.  Because we don't live near family now, it will never be like that for him, and that makes me really sad. But I hope that we can visit our family often enough so that he will still get to know them.  My husband doesn't really understand why I feel this way, as he grew up without any extended family nearby.  Since he survived, I guess it'll be ok. And there isn't much I can do to change it, since we don't plan on moving north any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment