Thursday, June 26, 2014

5 Things

5 things I don't think I'll ever understand:
1. When people are driving/turning in/from the left lane and they want to turn right, or when they know that that the left lane is ending...and then they just cut you off to get over at the last second.
2. Why people take the last of the toilet paper and don't replace the roll.
3. When people call you about a problem they're having and are rude and nasty to you and expect you to graciously help them, when you've personally done nothing wrong.
4. Why people leave a mess behind them expecting others to clean it up.
5. How people can deliberately harm animals or children (or any living being, for that matter!)


5 things I love:
1. When I check the mailbox and there is something in there other than bills or junk mail.
2. When my son takes a decent nap on the weekend and I can actually get a task or two completely done.
3. Finding one of my favorite movies playing on TV (such as Terms of Endearment, 50 First Dates, Click, Hitch or Star Wars.
4.  Cuddling with my boys.
5.  Finding the perfect gift for someone I love, and sending it to them when it's not for any special occasion.


5 things I miss:
1.  Going to the Clawson 4th of July festival every year with my parents.
2.  Our large family Christmas Eve gatherings.
3.  Flying in an airplane on a regular basis.
4.  The beautiful leaves in the fall.
5.  Lilacs!!!


5 things I'm looking forward to:
1.  Taking my son on adventures to museums, parks, movie theaters and other fun places.
2.  Going on family vacations.
3.  Seeing Paris, Rome, Sydney, and hopefully Cairo one day.
4.  Watching what new thing my son will learn or do tomorrow.
5.  Maybe moving to Hawaii one day.


5 things that make me sad:
1.  Knowing that my son will not remember my parents.
2.  Not being able to see my family and friends as often as I'd like to.
3.  How selfish and inconsiderate our society is becoming.
4.  All of the historic landmarks that are being destroyed in the Middle East.
5.  Not being able to spend more time with my husband and son.


5 things I'll never forget:
1.  How happy I was on my wedding day.
2.  The birth of my son.
3.  Swimming with sea turtles in Maui.
4.  My first solo flight at Western.
5.  Watching my mom pass away.


5 things that will probably not exist in 10 years:
1.  Land line phones.
2.  The USPS.
3.  Personal checks.
4.  Artificial food colors, high fructose corn syrup and MSG (I hope!!!)
5.  Rental DVD movies.

(I used to have this exact phone!)

5 famous people I've met:
1.  Carrie Fisher
2.  Patti Wagstaff
3.  Chuck Yeager
4.  Pat Sajak
5.  Malcolm Jamal-Warner


5 people I'd like to meet:
1.  Tim McGraw
2.  Tom Hanks
3.  Matthew McConaughy
4.  Harrison Ford
5.  Robin Williams


5 changes I'd like to make in my life:
1.  Learn more patience.
2.  Continue to eat better and get healthier.
3.  Get more exercise.
4.  Learn more patience.
5.  Learn more patience.


5 quotes I love and try to live by:
1.  Be kinder than necessary, as everyone is fighting some sort of battle.― J.M. Barrie
2.  Lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute and emergency on my part.― Unknown
3.  Never lose hope. Stay strong, you never know what tomorrow brings.― Magith Noohukhan
4.  A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. ― Elbert Hubbard
5.  But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.― Khaled Hosseini


No comments:

Post a Comment